Louisa May Alcott
Get to know your body’s response to it, if it starts to interrupt your sleep or make you jittery, cut back. As the wise say: everything in moderation.
- Coffee may decrease your risk for heart attack and stroke (especially in women).
- Coffee (caffeine) functions as an adjunct pain reliever.
- It reduces depression rates in women.
- Coffee can protect against some cancers.
- If you have fatty liver disease, It may reduce your risk of fibrosis.
- It has shown to help reduce triglyceride levels.
- Coffee reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Plain java is good for weight loss: only 5 calories a cup.
On the downside: coffee can make heartburn and breast cysts worse, and if you’re pregnant talk to your provider before you drink it. It also acts as a diuretic, so expect frequent trips to the bathroom.